Hi All,
As a  mostly shape/tab file user, I've been attempting to experiment
with spatialite dbs a bit recently, and am starting to get a bit more
used to them. I'm hitting a problem with splitting objects though, and
wondered if this annoyance counted as a bug?
If I have a spatialite layer and split an object, that's fine. But
when I save the layer I get a "Could not commit changes to layer
LayerName" banner. If I press "Show more" then I get something like
this:_____

        Could not commit changes to layer layername

        Errors: SUCCESS: 1 geometries were changed.

         SUCCESS: 1 attribute value(s) changed.

         ERROR: 4 feature(s) not added.

         Provider errors:

         SQLite error: UNIQUE constraint failed: LayerName.pkuid

         SQL: INSERT INTO
"layername"("geometry","pkuid","Code","Lith","Description","Quality","code1","lith1","description1","quality1")
VALUES (ST_Multi(GeomFromWKB(?, 28351)),?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

        ____

        I'm not populaing the pkuid data, so I think QGIS is auto filling
this.

        I think that what's happening is that when QGIS splits the feature
both new parts have the same pkuid number. Certainly if I go in
manually and change the field I can save without errors.

         If QGIS is auto filling this column, ought it not be handling the
splitting case too?

        Thoughts?

        -ramon.