I think this can be solved in two stages:

1. Given the transport network, source and destination locations, a shortest path calculation run repeatedly should generate a series of routes. Commonly these functions output the route in terms of a list of the network sections to follow.

Options for doing this calculation in QGIS include: PostGIS (pgRouting), Spatialite, GRASS v.net functions, QGIS Road Graph plugin

2. Once the routes have been generated, then they can be combined and summarised to generate the total weight traversing each network section, which would probably be as a new table that would be joined back to the network. This step could be done within a database (PostGres, Spatialite etc.), in core QGIS, or even Excel.

Cheers,

Andy