On 01-02-18 08:07, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

>> When I installed again later in the day (for a later version of Ubuntu),
>> from http://qgis.org/ubuntugis-nightly/, I was having problems with the
>> packages downloading quite slowly or timing out - I guess the server was
>> overloaded. Perhaps the docs should mention both https://ubuntu.qgis.org/
>> ubuntugis/ and http://qgis.org/ubuntugis/ if they are on different servers.
>
> The docs shouldn't mention ubuntu.qgis.org (or any *.qgis.org; because
> ubuntu.qgis.org is just one name to trigger the wildcard, that leads to the
> actual server instead of going through cloudflare).
>
> http://foo.qgis.org/ will work, while https://foo.qgis.org/ won't, because the
> later will present the qgis.org certificate that doesn't cover the wildcards
> (IIRC letsencrypt didn't support that at least when that was setup).

Hi Juergen,

the certificate on qgis2/qgis.org has some alternative names in it's
certificate, one if them is ubuntu.qgis.org

Check the cert via: https://ubuntu.qgis.org:

Certificate Subject Alt Name:

Not Critical
DNS Name: download.qgis.org
DNS Name: qgis.org
DNS Name: ubuntu.qgis.org
DNS Name: version.qgis.org
DNS Name: www.qgis.org

So I think it is ok to use ubuntu.qgis.org in docs?
We could even add debian.qgis.org in the certificate if needed/wanted?

Regards,

Richard