OK, thank you.  That formula is useful.

I assume that "North" for any projection will be grid North so that a line drawn at 0° while using a UTM projection will point to grid North if the drawing is re-projected using an un-projected CRS (where 0° is true North)?

I wonder if I have that correct? I will check some of the other responses also.

Thanks very much…

Cheers . . . . . Spring Harrison