Hi,

The first thing I would do is to check the network integrity.  Perhaps some
road are not connected (snapped).  You also need a snap and break at every
intersection. You can do some of this by exporting all the end node. Check for
multiline vs lines. You can split all of those in the vector menu.  Your
problems are likely linked to a bad network topology. Users of that network
could perhaps confirm this? I have used it but not for this type of stuff.

Nicolas Cadieux