On 2024-05-17 07:00, C Hamilton via QGIS-User wrote:
Phil,

The Shape Tools plugin has an "Azimuth distance digitizer" and for what you are talking
about an "Azimuth distance sequence digitizer". With the latter function you click on a
starting location and then give a list of azimuth, distance sequences. I have used this for old
surveys like this. There is also an declination offset just in case your surveys were using
magnetic north and not true north. In that case you have to look up what the
A related question, what about grid to ground conversions and vice-versa, are there
plugins which support this?  Surveys here in Canada always specify a "combined scale
factor", which is tedious to apply manually to each vertex when digitizing.
declination offset was for your 1880s date.

Regards,
Calvin

On Thu, May 16, 2024 at 9:50 PM Philip Ryan via QGIS-User