Hi list,

I'm having a few problems with my WMS service using QGIS as client. May be anyone has a few hints or ideas:

Using QGIS 0.8.0 on opensuse:

- a polygon layer doesn't show with transparency - even though it is implemented in the WMS and it works with other clients, the transparency as well is not adjustable using the properties menu (well i can change it to 50% but it dioesn't change the view) - the transparency works very nice, if I use the WMS-feeding postgis-service directly.
[projection on runtime is activated]

Using QGIS0.8.1preview2 (pretty fresh installation with complete uninstall of 0.8.1p1) on WinXP:

- while zooming in a WMS-raster or vektor layer an error message appears:
msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): WMS server error. Image size out of range, WIDTH and HEIGHT must be between 1 and 2048 pixels.

This is probably due to a bug in the QGIS program. Please report this error.

Tried URL: http://www.geographie.uni-freiburg.de/cgi-bin/chennai_wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=80.417860,12.675728,80.602583,12.866004&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=3962&HEIGHT=3962&LAYERS=1.0.1%20Results%20Group%20Discussions&STYLES=&FORMAT=image/png&TRANSPARENT=TRUE

- get FeatureInfo doesn't return any results using the WMS (works, if I use the WMS-feeding postgis-service directly) - projection on runtime is activated, but layers show up at different places while loading the same layer via WMS and the WMS-feeding postgis-service (the wms layer is displaced, it works using QGIS 0.8.0 on opensuse)

Any ideas, hints, solutions, explanations?

Marco