----- Original Message -----
From: "Roy wood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 12:02 AM
Subject: [ql-users] failure messages - we should change this.
on the whole, the PC is over-brimming with good,
> well written software I wish we had a fraction of it. The M$ Office
> suite is a good set of programs with a well written spreadsheet and a
> good word processor (it should be at the price) so it is not substandard
> at all. Media Player is as good as most of the free media players
> available out there. I could go on but it is, by no stretch of the
> imagination substandard.

There is some correspondence on EDLUG suggesting that the statistical
functions in Excel are flawed. The commentator wondered how many
corporations are going to find there projections do not work!

Price is no indication of reliability or quality in software as in any other
human activity!

  • ... Tony Firshman
  • ... Tony Firshman
  • ... Arvid Børretzen
  • ... ian . pizer
  • ... ian . pizer
  • ... ZN
  • ... "Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)"
  • ... Wolfgang Lenerz
  • ... Dave P
  • ... Lafe McCorkle
  • ... John Sadler