----- Original Message -----
From: "Wolfgang Uhlig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ql-users] QL2004 website

> Yes indeed, Opera (7.23) shows up but the Lycos script interferes heavily.
> No
> popup-block can change this.
> Why do you have to accept that they change your HTML, anyway? Do they ask
> that for the free use of their server?
> Do you want space on my Tiscali account? I have got enough :-)

There is no such thing as a free lunch and it is the penalty of using a free
server. Originally the adverts were relatively unobtrusive, but then they
decided on a permanent stripe on the side. The justification for this is
that the adverts would be linked to google generated adverts that would be
relevant to the site. Indeed that promise was kept. If I remember rightly
another justification for permanent adverts was that there would be no need
for pop-ups, but I see that this is now being broken.

Thanks to the offer of space, also to Tony Firshman, but I have been
thinking of moving elsewhere for some time. However, I want to do this with
a restructuring of the site, dare I say it, to make it easier for PC users!
I quite frequently get requests for word lists from students and academics
and would like to make their searches to find me easier. Also the nature of
Just Words is changing, with more emphasis on freeware than commercial
products and thus more products for downloading.

Thus a major change, which needs a lot of thinking and preparation. It is
not going to happen this year, because of other commitments so for the
moment I shall decline your kind offers.

 (The moral of this story is never to open your big mouth to complain about
the QL2004 scene going quiet as I did at the beginning of the year.)

Best Wishes,
Geoff

QL2004 website:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/geoffwicks/ql2004.htm