----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [ql-users] QPC on a Nokia Series 60?

> Imagine the xchange suite running on your mobile phone

Please do not forget: if you go for text based applications, then the
emulated screen should at least be able to display the 512 horizontal pixels
of a QL screen. Must admit I am not experineced with recent cell phones, but
I doubt if they have more than 256 x-pixies? Guess they have just 256 which
enables them to display the Speccy screen without loss of information?

Of course there is the alternative of windowing, i.e. use the screen of the
cell phone as a window ton display part of the emulated screen, pixel 1:1
resolution, I guess noone will really like that.

Am I wrong, I mean do current cell phones provide screens with 512 pixies on
a line? That would be amazing...

Kind Regards,

Michael

PS: oh BTW I almost sent this mail using the pseude-english noun "handy"
instead of cell phone. That is a funny thing and I really do not know an
explanation for it: here in germany the term "handy" is THE established term
for cell phones - it is for sure not a german word but people from english
speaking countries would not understand it ...