On 1 Oct 2004 at 12:32, Jérôme Grimbert wrote:

> J>   - if the sub-window is an independant application, why do you want to
> lock down the primary at all ? If the primary is visible, then, as a
> user, I'm expecting to be able to use it. (Even if the sub-application
> is running). Do not enter the fascist dialog-mode with a user. Rather
> than denying it access to a visible locked application, hide the
> application. If the user cannot see it, he cannot use it!

Just for a futher clarification - do I understand you correctly, Jim, that you want the
following:

exec a program(program B)  from another one (program A), and have that other
one(B) always stay on top of the first one (A).?

Like, for example, use the QPAC2 files menu to launch an application, and make sure
that the window thereof is never covered by QPAC2's files menu later on?

Wolfgang