On 19 Nov 2004 at 20:06, gwicks wrote:

(...)

> All sorts of reasons, and some are the fault of those of us on this list.
>
> We sometimes have a tendency to behave like medieval catholics and believe
> that the whole QL universe rotates around this list.

(does the G in gwicks stand for Galileo?)
Is there something else it could/should revolve around?

> Don't forget there are many people who are put off this list because of the
> personal attacks that sometimes occur in such things as the licence debate.

Well, these things are part of life, though, aren't they?
Also, I always found the argument "oh some people on this list are nasty are
make me lose my time, so I'll no longer read this list" particularly
fallacious - just don't read their messages, don't deprive all the others of
your input because of some misbehaved persons.

> Two members of the Quanta committee formerly subscribed to this list, but
> found it rubbish. I can respect their viewpoint, but I think they are wrong.

Lucky us!

Wolfgang