I hate to distract from the financial side of this, but this is probably going to take a lot of work by someone(s) and I suspect that it needs to be for the love of doing it rather than expecting to get any money out of it. I personally would rather see Quanta (or otherwise) money spent on financing projects that have physical costs to them (IE: hardware, manufacturing, etc).

Also, I am still intending on developing a printer object for QDT sometime next year. QDT will not be selling for enough to pay additional fees for something like this. So if it was developed by someone and then charged for, I would likely have to do something independent for QDT.

By the way, it sounds like this is definitely an important project so please don't take my comments otherwise.

Cheers,
jim