On  Wed, 24 Nov 2004 at 00:23:02, David Tubbs wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

At 00:13 24/11/2004 +0000, you wrote:
Should be OK now.

Tx for your testing.

Seems so !
Tho' I did comment that the "rest" of sect 4 is not entirely irrelevant to non or lapsed members.
You got in early. That bug was cured at about 00:30. The non-relevant parts of the Q section are ignored if: data{"quanta_member"} eq "no" -
That is the perl expression exactly. It is a HASH table lookup.
It is powerful and fast, but has the disadvantage of bypassing the "use strict;" declaration. ie if one mistypes the hash key, then there is no error (8-(# I do like the discipline of variable declaration.

I have chipped in here out of a real interest in knowing just what the QL scene really consists of at this late date.

You've done a great job on a poor starting point, perhaps over rushed as this would seem to be many years overdue that the "officers" might have an understanding of their constituency.
I don't think _anyone_ in the QL community has a real idea of the situation in the field. We all get small snapshots.

I will assemble this data in a database. it will allow for modification of data later if people re-submit a new form.
The data for non-Quanta members will not go to Quanta (unless you want it John S?).

I will use "email" as the key, although I do not have duplicate names on my database. This is why I have 'oldemail' as well, and I have clarified that on the form.

Thanks for the testing. Interestingly, the _only_ people who could submit the form were non-quanta members like you.
Quanta members got stuck on the workshop question!

I think I would not have started the form if I had realised how _hard_ it was going to be. There are advantages in paper forms (8-)#

I now have 6 submissions - including John Southern!

Does no-one remember the French floppy disk interface name?
The only time I have seen it was when Dave Bodger (remember him?) approached me in a panic a few days before a XZ Microfair. He had bought all their stock, but need the EPROM patched to change 'fdk' to 'flp' . I found loads of French in it too, and managed to squeeze English in their. Quite entertaining,.
He was the person I bought the Telepen barcoders off.. He was selling them as 'light pens'. He had no idea what they were. I discovered they were top-of-the-range full ASCII barcode readers.

Tony

--
         QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
     tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://www.firshman.co.uk