Amazing. I was having problems using them nearly 20 years ago!

At the last Eindhoven workshop, Arnie Clarke had a catch 22.

He had not put a superHermes keyboard driver in his boot program, so had no keyboard! This can be added to romDisq to load prior to F1/F2.

His romDisq though was dead and need to be re-formatted. I had to do this on my QL - the only other native QL in the room. It needed the romDisq driver, but no-one had a floppy disk system.
I copied the driver to microdrive from my romDisq and re-formatted his romDisq from that file and added the driver as rom1_rom1.

... so there _are_ still uses for microdrives.

Tony