On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:18:20 -0000, gwicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<<cut>>

Writing personally I am inclined to agree with this, but I think we should be realistic and accept that Portsmouth is the choice.

The history was that the show was originally to be part of a weekend in which the Quanta AGM would be held. 2005 was the turn for a southern AGM. For some reason the venue was not booked in time, and as you know, but the rest of the list probably not, about 6 weeks ago we traders said it was too late to combine the show with the AGM because there was no time to organise adequate publicity etc.

Quanta has now done its research on the possible venues including visiting the premises and if we were change this there would be further delay and expense.

Yes, but it might actually be cheaper than the fees for hiring a place in Portsmouth - especially if one has not yet been chosen. The issue of geography was raised some weeks ago on this list (before QL2004).

Just out of interest. How long ago was it that there was a Quanta Birmingham show? I cannot remember a single one in about 15 years, although there was a show in Selston, East Midlands in, I believe, 1998. The West Midlands does have a sub group. Are they not interested in organising a show?

Don't think there ever has been one in Birmingham (despite the active sub-group), although I remember there being QL stalls at a general vintage computer fair at the staffordshire show ground (in the last days of CGH Services) and also at the Birmingham Motorcycle Museum (what a shame so many of their bikes were destroyed in a fire)

Don't forget, there used to be plenty of shows held in Nottingham / Derby as well if memory serves me right.

Best Wishes

-- Rich Mellor RWAP Services 26 Oak Road, Shelfield, Walsall, West Midlands WS4 1RQ

http://www.rwapservices.co.uk/