Tony Firshman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

<SNIP>
I like to have a basic BOOT program to get a working system, and put
everything else into a 'boot1'.
I don't really see the point in that unless you are using the JM ROM

This also is just makes it a pain if anyone wants to do an automatic installation program that needs to check some stuff in the boot file. Of course the 'advanced' user (in this case) would likely be able to do the extra install pieces with notes back from the installer (IE: advanced vs. easy modes).

I think I have now got a romdisq that I can use to boot any QL system
using the on-board ROM - very useful for troubleshooting.

A simple alternative to this is to have a user key input required after just the basic install is done (abort if trouble shooting or continue as normal).

jim