>Have a read and see what you think. I would welcome any other >suggestions for material to help those returning to the QL scene >and possibly those who are into retro-computing in general and >perhaps approaching the QL for the first time.
I don't know if Jochen has mentioned this but I am working on a series for QL Today with just this in mind I sent Jochen a list of topics I have found that people have trouble with when either returning to the QL after a long absence or upgrading from a QL with SGC to a Q60 / QPC2 etc. I should have the first one of these articles in the bag for the next issue. I am hoping that some other people will contribute articles too.

This is a quote from the email I sent to Jochen the other day:

'This is a list of some of the issues  I think we should cover :
>  Use of Hard drives
> Use of P.E.
> Use of DOS disks
> Screen Resolution
> BOOT files
> Colour Drivers
> Printing
> Network ? SERnet, QL and TCP/IP
> Internet
> Programs ? File handling / utilities /word processing/graphics
Yes, all problematic fields.

text87 is one of the things to tackle as well.'
He didn't mention it, but he's busy and knows I rarely get time to discuss anything in any great length. QL Today is a bit "skin of the teeth" some months.

It really is something that should be done. It needs to be in print and on the web, as so much initial contact now is by people finding the QL websites via search engines etc.

Quanta reprinted the first part of my Software Sources article because Roy felt it would be a useful source of information. Second part of that should be in a QL Today soon, assuming Jochen and I remember to include it!

If there's any material on the page which might help with your article, just use it. I've kept the page simple apart from the links to other pages, so by copying and pasting the text from the html source or in your browser you should be able to grab the chunks you want pretty easily.