In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Rich Mellor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:43:42 +0000, Malcolm Cadman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<<cut>>

I don't think it is anything to do with your software.

After looking at it again today the problem for me is that my version of the 'Wman' is v1.53, which has been superceded for the High Color screens.

Hang on Malcolm - what system are you running this on...?? Smsq/e has wman and ptr_gen incorporated - you should not be loading them separately.

You know that is a thought, Rich.

I still use a boot file with QPC2 that I took over from my Gold Card QL system. In that I do implicitly load the QPAC2 files.

Today I did try making a boot file just for QDT as a separate item, using the information that Jim's Installer provides - it writes a text file with comments on what additions are required to an existing boot file ( this when you use the Advanced option ( manual ), rather than the automatic version which writes to the existing boot file for you.

QDT only runs under smsq/e if I am correct - therefore you should not be worrying about the version of wman as much as the version of smsq/e

Umm ... that is why it didn't really occur to me to consider the Wman.

How do you check the SMSQ/E version number ?

As your software is quite rightly exploiting the latest graphic abilities, this is where I have been caught out.

It took me some time to realise it ! ..... as I wasn't looking for that as the cause, and there were no error messages being shown.

Your Installer is well implemented. I am just saying make it as foolproof as possible ... especially as it can be quite a lengthy process.

I am sure he would appreciate comments on how to make it more foolproof - I am waiting to see this program with baited breath now...

Well, now that I have looked at what the Installer produces, it is a smart piece of work.

Which makes it more disappointing that I haven't got a working Demo :-(

--
Malcolm Cadman