In addition I have recently found it useful to set up icons for my own software, whether BASIC or C, as well as look at listings via my chosen editor. For the latter it interfaces with FileInfo2 to pick up your favourite editor software.
FileInfo 2 is brilliantly easy to interface to and I use it so much it seemed such an abovious thing to allow Launchpad to make use of it. Despite having used FileInfo 2 for so long, it still seems weird to select a non-executable in Launchpad and execute it and the right program magically (usually) appears!

Another neat thing is to run any Windows application from within Launchpad, as it interfaces with the QPC2 feature to do so.
Well, all credit to Marcel for that one. I'm just too lazy to go to Windows to start Notepad etc when I can do it from QPC2 instead if it's related to what I'm doing in QPC2 at the time (usually swapping files between Windoze and SMSQ/E when preparing articles and news columns for Toady).

And strange as it may seem, I do actually use Launchpad myself all the time - what's that, an author using his own software?

Unless it gets superceded by QDT of course.