On  Sat, 1 Jan 2005 at 20:38:48, Roy wood wrote:
(ref: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
And there is some truth in the "hand him over to colleague" theory. Not to cause your colleague grief, but very often the problem is two people not quite getting on. A different person's different approach is often neither better nor worse, just that people hit it off together better. A person who causes you hassle might get on fine with me and vice versa.

Qubbesoft handed me a customer Ron could not deal with a long time ago. I spent ages with him and then gave up and passed him to Tony, I think Tony lasted a week or so by which time he had made it to the Bristol users group and made their life hell for a while. Then he came back to me and I finally shouted at him one night. Last seen talking with Geoff (who scolded me for being so short with a customer - not knowing the 5 year history) Thought he had disappeared but I did get a rambling fax recently. Oh, I say customer, I cannot recall him buying anything much.
I remember him well. I didn't quite get to shouting at him, but I certainly felt like it. I am not renowned for my patience with difficult customers (8-)#

Surprisingly he has bought a little from me, but only chips and a membrane, and not since 1997. We are talking about the same CM I think.

I do though feel guilty about another person who made -everyone's- life a misery. Laurence Reeves was on the receiving end of his one way conversations at a London group meeting in Paddington, and losing patience. It was the first sight of a prototype Minerva MKII I asked Lau whether he fancied a curry after the meal and xxxxxx said "Oh that sounds interesting". Lau then said that it was getting a bit late and he would leave it. I knew what he actually meant, and managed to privately say "See you round the corner". What made it worse (for my conscience) was that ******** helped Lau carry his stuff out!
Speaking of which (OK, only kidding, nothing do with it really) anyone heard from Darren Branagh lately? His move to Co. Mayo seems to have made him disappear totally!
Got a Christmas Card from him - which reminds me, sorry to anyone who did not get a card from me I was rather tied up this year. - and he is threatening an Irish show this coming summer.
I got one too. I started to send him one back, but I couldn't find his new address. Could you please send it to me privately.
Time to oil your bicycle, Tony (did you ever read the Third Policeman?)
I haven't met him, let alone read him (8-)#
and get Stuart out of mothballs again.
Might be difficult to cycle our way to West Ireland, but I will certainly try him. (8-)
I think both of us would prefer East Ireland I think. I wonder whether he could be persuaded to spend a weekend at his old haunts.

It would be great to avoid the expensive bank hol weekend.

Tony

-- QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255 tony@<surname>.co.uk http://www.firshman.co.uk Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 TF Services, 29 Longfield Road, TRING, Herts, HP23 4DG _______________________________________________ QL-Users Mailing List http://www.q-v-d.demon.co.uk/smsqe.htm