I honestly don't believe this is useable on QPC2.

It starts off overwriting its own files as you unzip them because the path names are stored too long. Classic example of an author supplying a problem for you to use. All well and good if you are prepared to manually rename the directories, which I am not prepared to do. Seems the minimum files you need aren't affected, so can be gathered into one directory to run it.

I've put the files into a directory, pointed PROG_USE and DATA_USE at them, set environment variables as per the examples of Duncan Neithercut and so on (the JRH text files are totally unixy and meaningless so I refuse to read them as even readme_qdos means little.

I connected to my ISP from Windows, then ran the boot program for Lynx and all that happens is a brief flash of a Lynx screen and nothing, disappears without error or anything.

Just what is happening? What's being done wrong here? Using Lynx 282, latest on JRH's website. The lynx_cfg and lynxrc files are meaningless garbage to me, so I haven't touched those. Running in 640x480 QL colours mode 4 with the QPC2 v3.30 beta 3 hotfix.

Boot program:

100 REMark ** This section sets up the environment variables required **
110 :
120 SETENV "TERM=qdos"
130 SETENV "TERMINFO=win1_LYNX282_terminfo_qdos"
140 SETENV "LYNX_CON=512x256a0x0_6_0_4"
150 SETENV "LYNX_CFG=win1_LYNX282_lynx_cfg"
155 REMark SETENV "lynx_font=win1_lynx282_pcql_font"
157 SETENV "www_home=http\homepages.tesco.net/dilwyn.jones/index.html"
160 REMark ** This section runs lynx interactively; note the file name format **
170 EX lynx;'name' name is the page I want
180 STOP
190 :
200 REMark ** This section will dump the HTML file to a text file **
210 :
220 EX lynx;'-dump /win1/Comms/WebPage/index.html >ram2_dump_txt'
230 STOP

Line 170 expects a parameter and I've tried conventional and the examples in the manual syntax for the start page.