I used to play a game called Cavern (I think) on my QL back in the '80. Is this game available somewhere, and is it possible to play it on one of the emulators for the PC?

Any other old games available?
--
Pål Monstad
There's quite a lot of games on my website www.dilwyn.uk6.net/games/index.html

Cavern is there. Not sure if this is the same game as you mention (I think there was a commercial game called Cavern and a PD game called Cavern and I can't remember which was which.

QemuLator with a version JM or JS ROM image is probably the best emulator for older games programs, although QPC2 and QLay seem to manage quite well with many older programs too. QPC2 should be set to QL colour 512x256 screen mode for maximum compatibility. There is a QL screen emulation command in QPC2, started with a command called QPC_QLSCREMU

QPC_QLSCREMU -1        automatic mode
QPC_QLSCREMU 0        (disabled - default)
QPC_QLSCREMU 4        (force to 4-colour mode)
QPC_QLSCREMU 8        (force to 8 colour mode)

Seems to set aside the same area of memory for a "QL" screen (32 kilobytes at address 131072 decimal) for games to write to and invisibly copy that to the "visible" screen memory, doing some colour format conversion in the process. It's described on page 8 of the QPC2 manual if you need more information.