I seem to have got myself into a bit of a muddle. First, I manage to destroy a QL+RomDisq with a corrupt copy of smsq_gold 3.06 (revived with romd214_exe) and now I can't get 256 colour mode to work on the Aurora.

Is the same smsq-gold v3.06 used for 256 colour on Aurora or is there a separate version for Aurora? DISP_TYPE will change resolution on the Aurora/SGC (a MinisQL) but DISP_COLOUR 2 is ignored and configuring it to start in 256 colour mode seems to make it lock up at a black screen.

If a separate version is needed, fine, just thought that as both machines had Gold Card and SuperGold Card I thought I'd try the Gold Card version which seems to run as long as the Aurora stays in QL colour modes.

Not having the best of days today, the PC is behaving and the QLs ain't. Somewhat unuusal in this household.