Hi,

I never had any problems with the Auora serial ports, the description of the
connections is detailed in the manual clearly.

Srnet worked fine with a standard null modem lead available from any good
electronic store. So there is no need to build a special sernet cable.

I have connected QPC2, QPC1, Q40, Q60, QXL, Atari ST Emulator Extended 4 and
Mode 8, QL with SIMSER running,  with sernet and a Null modem lead bought
from Maplins UK.

The reliable network speeds I had were :

Q40/60 : 112500 Baud
QPC2 : 112500 Baud
QXL :   38400 Baud
Atari ST Mode 8, Extended Mode 4 Emulator : 19200 Baud
QL Trump Card + SIMSER  :     9600 Baud

The only failure was with the Superhermes SER3, only because the SER3 is
incompatiable with SMSQ/E STX/SRX. If the source code to SER3 ws available
then I am sure this could be corrected very easily.

I have been thinking of dissassembling the SER3 code to see if STX/SRX can
be implemented, as I think Superhemes Sernet would connect at 57600 Baud
very easily. Al that is to be done is to make SER3 SMSQ/E compliant.

Derek