Marcel wrote:
Quite normally, I guess. But there will be problems when
a) two users trying to start QPC at the same instant (one will get a
"Cannot open SMSQE.BIN" or something like that).
b) two users trying to access the .WIN file at the same time.

To prevent those problems I did it the following way in the language institute I worked, where severals students had to work with the same QL-program at the same time.

1) There is one original QPC, SMSQ/E.bin and QXL.win on the server.
2) Clicking a QPC-icon on the client's desktop first runs a small
batch-file
which will XCOPY (DOS command) all files to the client computer and
then
3) run QPC from the client computer.

The XCOPY command cares for copying only when something on the server
has changed, so you can make sure that changes to programs or data is only
done on the server "original" qxl.win file.
If changes on the client computers have to be stored, just adapt the
XCOPY-batch
to not copy QXL.win.

Everything runs fine, fast and complications are not likely. Modern
PC-networks are so
fast, that you hardly notice the copying.

Wolfgang