[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Some years ago, I wrote a little extension called CHANGE supplied with Basic
>Reporter which lets you rename superbasic variable names, e.g. CHANGE oldname
>TO newname

>Names were unquoted and IIRC the extension searched for the two unquoted names
>in the name table and swapped the tokens over or something like that. It
>worked a treat in SuperBASIC, but I can't get it to work in SBASIC. I could
>send you the source if I still have it for you to tweak if you can get it to
>work.

Go on then, I'll try :o)
By the way, what long lines you have Dilwyn !

>Another useful extension would be for listing EXTRAS (basic extensions) in
>sorted order, although it's easily done from BASIC. (EXTRAS#channel, then call
>sorting routine).

Aargh - sorting. Maybe ........

> Third idea: extension to check for presence of given extension names and
> perhaps checking for multiple definitions (re. the recent RESET discussion):
>
> PRINT EXISTS%(name)
> PRINT TIMES%(name)
>
> All selfishly geared towards the S*BASIC programmer!

Well, I missed the RESET exchange I think, but surely, if an extension is
re-defined, the name table entry simply gets the new verison linked in - or am
I barking again ?

Can there be more than one entry in the name table with the same name ?

Seriously, though, your DJToolkit never really got the attention it merited, so
perhaps you could draw on code and routines in the source for that.

Well, the EXISTS routine already exists (oops, recursion) in DJToolkit 1.15
which is available from your web site :o)

Cheers,
Norman.