On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:48:37 -0500, Roy wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, David Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
A floppy drive is a floppy drive - 5vand sometimes 12v , he could pick up at Tandy or anywhere else, If he wants an external housed set then definitely buy in the States for 110/120vac
Ah yes but to use them on a standard QL he would have to have them in a case and have power going to them. I have the cased drives but it would cost as much as the drives to ship them to the US and then they would be 240v instead of 110v which is used in the US.

That may not be the case completely. He can get a Step Up transformer from Radio Shack or Wal*Mart (at the travel section) for anywhere from 15 to 35 USD. I can guarantee this is a working solution because I use it with all my UK Sinclair stuff :-)

Ffibys