Roy wood writes:

<>
> I intend to tackle the details of QXL.WIN file handling in the next part
> of 'Start Here' in QL Today. I believe there is software to read QXL.WIN
> files on other systems but I did get reports of people being unable to
> access the QDT QXL.WIN files on the CD so I would be grateful for more
> details on this.

I have no problem reading mine from QPC2.

I do have a weeee problem with it being called WIN6.

True, that sort of differentiates it from the Quanta Library disc I got at
Hove last Sunday, which is called WIN8.

But that again is the same as the QWord master disk, which - you guessed
it - is also called WIN8, so really not all that helpful.

Considering that I have (twice, I believe) on this list published a routine
to set the name of a QXL.WIN container file, and have gone to a lot of
trouble to produce a handy little PE utility, called Qwirc, that is designed
to do just that and a lot more besides, I dont quite see why.

Per

  • ... Darren Branagh
    • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
    • ... Malcolm Cadman
    • ... John Gilpin
    • ... Darren Branagh
    • ... Darren Branagh