Try Turbo v4g21 when it goes on the site sometime this week.
If it still needs up grading George will listen.

Remember that i'm still using Qdos. Has Turbo been kept compatible with that, or does it only support SBasic and SMSQ/E? If it is not compatible what is the most recent version of turbo that is compatible with my system?

I've been given so much advice that my head is spinning. In one email I was advised to by QPAC2, but was then told that its the same as the pointer environment I already have. But I thought that it comes bundled with SMSQ/E, so if I were to buy that I wouldn't need QPAC2 as well, surely? I know my memory isn't as complete as it was, but I'm pretty sure that I bought Qram, which just happened to have the pointer environment bundled with it. QPAC2 also included the pointer environment, but they were different products; but I don't remember what differentiated them. (we are talking 1987 here after all).

While on the subject, what's the most up to date version of the C compiler to run under QDOS?

Up to now, I've assumed that all the developments in the major apps (the above, turboptr, etc ) apply, only to SMSQ/E, and to ensure compatibility with QDOS, I have continued using my old versions.

Jeremy