In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Jeremy Taffel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
<SNIP>
Remember that i'm still using Qdos. Has Turbo been kept compatible with that, or does it only support SBasic and SMSQ/E? If it is not compatible what is the most recent version of turbo that is compatible with my system?

I've been given so much advice that my head is spinning. In one email I was advised to by QPAC2, but was then told that its the same as the pointer environment I already have. But I thought that it comes bundled with SMSQ/E, so if I were to buy that I wouldn't need QPAC2 as well, surely?
Ok some of the advice was maybe not quite worded concisely. The Pointer Environment is the three files PTR_GEN, WMAN, and HOT_REXT. These form the basis of the extended system and are, as you said, bundled into SMSQ/E in an extended form. QPC2 is a collection of system handling routines including file management and job management. The Pointer environment files are now freely distributable and are backwardly compatible.
I know my memory isn't as complete as it was, but I'm pretty sure that I bought Qram, which just happened to have the pointer environment bundled with it. QPAC2 also included the pointer environment, but they were different products; but I don't remember what differentiated them. (we are talking 1987 here after all).
QRam was a precursor to most of this.

--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB