Hi, All.

A solution has presented itself [I can get a further set of the missing
originals], so I no longer need to recover the files from the win_
directory.  In answer to your questions, Darren, I lost both a WIN_ file
which I didn't recover, and also the contents (by WDEL) of another win_
file.  This was due to the need for a Windows reinstall some months later
than screwing up one of the win_ files, which lost the win_ file on the
Windows partition.  So I had the worst of both worlds.

Darren, if you are keen to see what files can be salvaged from the remaining
win_ file, I would be interested.  However, this is no longer an essential
exercise as before, rather it would be for the good of the QL community, as
an experiment to see if files can be recovered.  You should know I have
tried the QL utility recover_x before, without success.

Finally, Dilwyn, thanks for the offer, but I don't need the advert to be run
in QL today anymore.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience on
your part to date.

Regards all,

Stuart