Tony Tebby did at one stage provide a couple of qxl.win checking and
recovery programs written in SBASIC (drvlink and drvcheck or some
such names) don't know if those are still supplied and indeed if
they work on current systems.

DRVLNK (the one that performs various consistency checks) works fine on QXL.WIN files but should NOT be used on Q40/Q60 partitions - in a
moment of madness over Xmas I "checked" my WIN1 and lost the lot!

(Of course the _really_ stupid bit was accepting its offer to "fix"
the cluster map...)

John
I'm told I was wrong - DRVlink and DRVchk were never supplied as SBASIC progs, they were always executables like the current ones.