Duncan,

Putting aside the legalities (and it may well be the legalities which are
the block), I agree with you.

When the rights for sale are clearly known - i.e. the vendor and/or
owner/writer stand to gain from the sale of software, I can understand such
rights should not only be protected and honoured, but also pursued.

When, however, the software is clearly in a position where no one stands to
gain anything as the author no longer knows or cares, the publisher
likewise, who gains by the QL community being PC about not allowing copies?

I've been quite impressed that 21 years after the launch, programs such as
QD and QDT are being developed.  It is programs such as these that the
protectiveness and angst, in my view, are best directed.

Stuart

        • ... Dilwyn Jones
    • ... gwicks
      • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
      • ... Duncan Neithercut
    • ... Phoebus R. Dokos (Φοίβος Ρ. Ντόκος)
  • ... Darren Branagh
  • ... Stuart Jones
    • ... Rich Mellor
    • ... Malcolm Cadman