In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Dilwyn Jones
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

>> I can only envy Dilwyn and others, who seem to be applying and
>> experimenting with all of the latest features.
>>
>Hmmm...I was lucky to start using Easyptr 4, System Palette and all
>the new features in pre-release format, which allowed me to learn
>fairly quickly (viz. the articles I wrote for Toady) and the
>applications I was writing at the time were big, complex things like
>QTrans and Launchpad forced me to master just about everything a BASIC
>programmer could possibly hope to use.

... And very useful that you are ... :-)

>> PS - If you are a Quanta member you may have now received an early
>> review that I wrote of the new version of Quill.  Which adds another
>> dimension to a QL "golden oldie".
>Am looking forward to seeing this. As a regular user of Xchange and
>even the original Quill, Archive etc it's nice to see people produce
>these new versions for modern systems. I was so pleased when Ralf
>updated S_Edit, as I make regular use of it and QD, both of which have
>their uses.

The new version of Quill, which is still "beta" status, is available
from the Quanta library ... on CD this v1.51 September 2005.

>I hope Ralf will continue to support S_Edit.

Indeed ... the more good software that we have the better .....

--
Malcolm Cadman