Good luck with your Goldfire quest, Tarquin.

One thing which was obvious at this weekend's Quanta meeting in
Manchester was the prevailing view that native QL hardware will play
less and less of a part in our QLing lives in the future. Almost
everyone seemed to
be of the opinion that emulators would be the likely (if less
desirable) way forward, because of cost, the ability to be
reprogrammed to make use of newer features and the ability to run on
the user's choice of hardware platforms.

I admire Tarquin's quest to see Goldfire become reality, indeed I hope
it does. I fear though, that sadly there are too many people like me
who are content with running QL emulators on other platforms.

It would be nice to hear what others think of this viewpoint!