James Hunkins wrote:
> It would seem that, regardless of the fact that my contact @ email
> address for my QDT software web pages is not mineable, it has ended
> up on someone's junk mail list big time.  Normally this happens
> because the address would have gotten into someone's mail address
> book or previous address info who has a virus or spyware program
> mining their information.
>
> I will be modifying the address in the next week or two and
> disconnecting the old one to stop the flood.
>
> In the meantime, anyone who may have used this address, please make
> sure that you have (and continue) checked your system for viruses and
> spyware.  It is just annoying to me but I can imagine those with
> email addresses that are not so easy to change are really at an
> inconvenience.

Best way to check is to Google for your literal email address.I do that
from time to time, and spam is certainly kept at bay.

Dilwyn used to be an offender, but not any more (well done Dilwyn).

Many mailing list archives have the habit of quoting literal sigs.  That
is why I fudge my sig.

Tony

--
          QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:252/67) +44(0)1442-828255
           tony@<surname>.co.uk  http://firshman.co.uk