> George Gwilt wrote:
>> Bill's five are in fact only four. The new arrival to this set of
>> Operating Systems is Aurora which is almost identical with the Gold
>> Card.
>
> Just my few EuroCents here, but I think the Aurora version is really
> just an added graphics driver, not a new operating system platform.
Exactly what are the Aurora version requirements? Does the Aurora
SMSQ/E graphics driver work with Gold Card AND Super Gold Card (my
MinisQL Aurora has SGC), or is Super Gold Card the only one which
would allow the new colour modes to work on Aurora?

In terms of platform, the (Super) Gold Card is common to the QL and
Aurora, which blurs the lines a little. In terms of obtaining a
version of SMSQ/E for your system, you can buy two separate versions
though (well, OK, I know you have been giving away copies of the
Aurora driver version).

Do you consider the QPC2 SMSQ/E to be a separate version in its own
right, or in terms of code is it a standard 680x0 implementation
interpreted by the 68K emulation?

Speaking purely in terms of how many different SMSQ/E's you may need
ot consider for your various systems (leaving aside the original
discussion about platforms), am I correct in summarising as follows:

SMSQ/E for QL + (Super) Gold Cards

SMSQ/E for Aurora + (Super) Gold Cards (same as above apart from
graphics driver)

SMSQ/E for Atari ST-QL systems

SMSQ/E for QXL cards

SMSQ/E for Q40/Q60 (same or different versions for both machines?)

SMSQ/E as in QPC2

Oo-er...the more I think about this the more I relaise what a job
people like Marcel and Wolfgang have in keeping all this in good
order!