In the next issue of QL Today I'm starting on the Pointer Environment. To
this end, I've started simple but I find that easier! In the second
article - which I'm writing right now - I've built a small 'pointer
record' decoder but I'm looking for information of what exactly is set
in the event vector at the end of each call to IOP_RPTR.

My experimentations have shown that :

After the start of the program, the pointer remains inside the hit area,
 a click with the mouse buttons sets the vector to $2B. This is the value
 when SPACE or ENTER are pressed.

If the pointer remains inside the windows as above, any other keypress
 sets it to $2D.

If the pointer has been outside of the window and comes back in, SPACE,
 ENTER, HIT or DO buttons set it once to $3B. Other key presses set it
 once to $3D. Subsequent button or key presses revert to $2B and $2D as
 before.

If the job is 'picked' the KeyStroke is set to $08 and the event vector
 is set to $3D - which could be 'pointer out of window'

I have the QPTR toolkit documentation from many many years ago, but I'm finding
some bits missing in detail - as I think Bruce discovered some time back with
the Sub Windows and stuff. I found a posting by Bruce on the list - but he
never got a reply!

Any information from your PE Gurus gratefully received.

Cheers,
Norman.