Dilwyn Jones wrote:

Interestingly, as an aside, if you supply fixed RANDOMISE values beforehand, IIRC it would generate the same sequence of random numbers.
It does.

Text encryption is of course possible by translating the text to a minority language such as Welsh to render it unreadable to the majority,
Like Welsh road signs then? :-)

I'm sure I've read somewhere about the USA and allies using native
> American languages in WW2 to achieve the same thing, to send
> intelligence data, for example.
If I remember correctly it was Mohawk Indians troops who have their own language that apparently is very difficult to translate. These troops were used to send data back to their own 'bretheren' and it was translated by them into English. It was unbroken.

Cheers,
Norman.