Darren Branagh wrote, On 9/09/09 23:46:
On 9/9/09, SMSQ - Jochen Merz <s...@j-m-s.com> wrote:
Thanks, Darren :-)
(I hope the translation is not rude) ... and seeing Jim
on the list, this reminds me of QDT and the jokes about it
in the US, or was it Canada ... great time we had!

Indeed!!!  Fairly Sure It was the Canada Show - Montreal.

Jim was always playing with his QDT.... so I thought up a better TLA
(Three letter acronym) for it... to rude to post here though.... I
remember Jochen bursting out laughing when he though up an ad for the
"release" of QDT.......... coming soon!!!

Sorry guys....... private joke, You had to be there!!  :-))

Even better though was Myself, Roy Wood, Tony and Jim Hunkins all
going into a Gay Bar by mistake, but deciding to stay once we saw the
range of beers they served!! The barman was trying desperately to work
out who was with who as it were, and I ended up having to show him how
to pull a pint of guinness properly...... Great times.

It was the *second* gay bar. We left the first when we saw that all the dancers were male! We thought the second one was OK as there were plenty of women there. What we hadn't realised was that they were gay too (8-)# You should have seen to look on the face of the gay barman when Darren went behind the bar to show him how to pour the Guinness.

It was all my fault. Francois had taken me on the previous evening to a really great *straight* pub in that area, but I couldn't find it.

Urs though I think was talking about the other Canada show, in Niagara Falls.

Tony

--
QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
t...@firshman.co.uk http://firshman.co.uk Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman