No, I'm not knocking our posties. I think that they do a fantastic job. Our postie (a very pleasant female!!) only has time to greet her customers "on the run" so to speak as she always seems to have plenty more to deliver when she's been to us at anything up to noon (occasionally later) but she always has a smile and a tickle behind the ear for one or more of our cats. - jealous? Who, ME? She keeps me supplied with GPO red elastic bands which she says are rubbish but I find quite serviceable.

More and more often these days I find that she is also leaflet dropping along with the genuine post. This must add tremendously to the weight of the mail sacks and the time to complete the "walk". No wonder she doesn't have time to search through for my copy of QLToday!! (Back on topic?)

Regards to all, including our posties.

John G.

Billy wrote:
John Gilpin wrote:
Perhaps Dilwyn and I only have a "dial-up" connection to the British Post Office!!

Do the continental posties already walk at 4mph+. Ours are still on 2.5 Max!! :-(

John Gilpin.

 Don't knock our posties John. I live out in the country and don't get
the postman until about 1-o-clock in the afternoon but at least my mail is delivered to my door, parcels are left in my shed .
Nearest post office is seven miles away.

Now a few years from now these are things you might miss.

All the best - Bill