Hi everyone,

this email was sent to the users list on 30/09/09 21:59 but doesn't seem to have arrived so here it is again.

Still hoping someone can help me with my BASIC problems.

Regards,

John Gilpin.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Ql-Users] Help with BASIC/SBASIC WINDOWS
Date:   Wed, 30 Sep 2009 21:59:40 +0100
From:   John Gilpin <johngilpin...@btinternet.com>
To:     ql-us...@q-v-d.com

gdgqler wrote:
The advice for a cure might be to open a second window, which need not be used, over the whole screen.

George

I think that George ought to be awarded an A* for that suggestion!! :-) :-)

One solution I have tried is to add the following code to the end of the procedure:-

OPEN#chan,SCR
WINDOW#chan,512,256,0,0:BORDER#chan,2,7

and lo and behold all the borders are in place again.

Don't go away guys, this is just the beginning of my program review (taking my old BASIC code from my Aurora/SGC set-up and running it on QPC2), I am certain to need your help again later.

And just to prove this point, can anyone guide me on the following:

I understand that there is no need to compile BASIC programs when using QPC2 (SMSQ) - the SBASIC code can be EXEC'd without TURBO or QLIBERATOR.

Do I take this to mean that I just "Ex win1_program_bas" ? And if it's as easy as that, what are the benefits and drawbacks of doing this?

In the meantime, thanks a million for your suggestions.

Regards to all,

John Gilpin.