Hi Rich,

Believe it or not, there is still a burgeoning market out there for retro computers - I rely on them for my main source of income at the moment (since I was made redundant in December) and have successfully brought several new products to market (or made old ones available again), and all this helps.
I understand this, although I did not sell any old hardware in the past few years, but that was never my aim anyway. When QPC came out and the QL hardware emulator ended, there was no point in me elling hardware.

Over the past few years, we have sourced and brought to market:
Yes, you are doing a very good job.
That is why I forward interested people to you, by the way ;-)

2. The internet may be aimed at providing information, but 99% of sites (including wikis) are used for promotion of business - after all, not many people can afford to set up and maintain a website longterm without it providing some source of revenue. If someone is interested in reading about QPC2 for example, why leave it open ended as to where they can now obtain a copy from ? That is like telling someone about a wonderful product which will change their lives immensely, but if they want to get hold of it, sorry - just look on google and see if anyone else has listed it for sale...

Please see other mail. Advertising is advertising, and a lot of internet info IS advertising. A Wikipedia (which I regard as some kind of "Lexikon" where you look up things and they are explained, but in an
unbiased, non-advertising way) is something different in my opinion.
THAT is a place where I do not expect (and do not want!!) advertising.

It is OK to use a website, where it is clear one wants to sell something, for advertising, and advertise by being found through google etc. ... but that's something different.

Even a link or something like (taken from J-M-S webseite to SHOW it
could be advertising) is something different.

Cheers   Jochen