Yes, I know... I even used it three times and went back using the ferries - cheaper, more flexible ... well, until they decided to add high surcharges when you reached the ferry EARLIER than planned.

I guess if anybody attempts to get into the tunnel by foot,
he will be locked away, being treated as terrorist or illegal immigrant...

Not to forget that the tunnel is quite dangerous - flying doors every now and then ... I remember that happened an hour or two later to a train after we used the channel tunnel the second time.

Cheers   Jochen