Am 28.11.2010 20:04, schrieb Dilwyn Jones:
I needed to run something on a QDOS system (i.e. QemuLator) which wouldn't run on SMSQ/E on QPC2. As I had never printed from this QemuLator (it's version 3 BTW) I don't know how to persuade it to print via a USB port to a printer which understands Epson control codes.

Dilwyn,
get out from under your desk,
I can't, I'm stuck in an endless tangle of zip-tied cables :-)

keep that printer connected to USB, get yourself a comfy place somewhere and read the QPCPrint Manual, especialy the chapter "Installing QPCPrint as a virtual printer". This talks about a technique how you can have hour USB printer emulate an LPT: printer. It installs a new LPTx: (i.e. without hardware), whatever you send there is then filtered through QPCPrint and sent to the USB printer. I think that's exactly what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Tobias
Except (1) I never needed QPCprint with QPC, so (2) I never bought it, so (3) I don't have it!

Ahh, got it. I somehow was under the impression that nowadays everyone would need/have QPCPrint.
Definitely a serious omission from your software library.
QPC printing works fine for me without QpcPrint. I want to see if QemuLator to do the same thing!
What you could try (After you managed to entangle yourself from under the desk) :
Export your USB printer as network printer.
Go to a terminal session and redirect LPT3 (or whatever your first unavailable LPT: is to that "network enabled" printer with
net use LPT3: \\yourcomputername\usbprintername
Voila, you've got your USB printer on LPT

Cheers,
Tobias