If you buy an EPROM on eBay and it needs erasing, remove the label (you'll
find letting the label soak in some lysol is the best way to do this) and
then putting the EPROM with the window facing the sun for approx 30 mins
should erase it. On a dull day it doesn't take longer, as UV goes right
through clouds.

To combine the top OS ROM image I suggest you:

(pseudo-code alert!)

base = ALCHP(32768)
copy the upper OS ROM image to base
copy the TK2 ROM image to base+16384
save base TO base+32767 to a file that will be your new ROM image.

Burn the image to the EPROM. If you have really amazing eyesight you can
look in the window while it's burning and what all the bits turning off! [1]

Cut yourself a 10x15mm bit of label, and write something descriptive on it,
THEN stick it onto the EPROM window. ProTip: leave a bit of backing extra so
you can separate it easily. Store programmed EPROMS in a bit of conductive
foam or wrapped in aluminium foil when not in a PCB - they're quite hardy,
but it only takes 25v on a pin to change a bit, and you walking around
generates a lot more than that.

Good luck!

Dave

[1] if you try this, you will go blind. Also, a blank EPROM is all 1's and
burning it turns off the 0's you need to be zeros. Neat huh?