Since the RAM on a standard QL was only ever intended to extend up to $BFFFF, would the test ever go beyond that.

Cheers
Malcolm

On 21/02/2011 14:50, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
Malcolm Lear wrote:
Ah, that brings all the memories back. I'm sure the chips were protected and I had to switch all combinations of input to deduce the equations.

I did wonder about that :) :) I may have a go at hooking them up to an AVR and getting it to scan and record for me :) :)

The good news is that I can lay my hands on a board I manufactured and read back the equations from that.

Excellent.

Unfortunately the earliest I can do that is next week.

No probs.

I seem to remember that initially the ROM is mirrored and access to a particular range of addresses (the jump) switches it out replacing it with RAM.

Indeed, I have worked out this much, however I think the RAM test takes place before this point so will hit the mirrored rom and only see 640K :( So there must be something else afoot :)

Cheers.

Phill.