As an example of my email earlier, I am grateful to Dilwyn Jones (all of them!) for bring my attention to John Taylor's observation of the unfortunate error which occurred in the March edition of the QUANTA Magazine Volume 28 Issue 2 where the account's Income and Expenditure account has been duplicated on pages 35 and 36. Sarah, who has taken on the editing of the Magazine following my resignation as Acting Editor - a post held for about 6 years, hoping that a person would volunteer to take on this very exacting role - literally jumped into the deep end early in February and (with a little assistance) produced a very creditable issue, only to find that she had so much material left to publish - including all the AGM reports etc - with very little time to prepare it all. It is regrettable, although not altogether unexpected, that a mistake in some form would occur as a result of the shortage of time and Sarah's inexperience as an editor. Please accept our sincere apologies for this error.

There is very little we can do to correct this error in time for the AGM except that the eMag versions have now been corrected (which has delayed their despatching to those members who have opted to take their Magazine in this format). Extra copies of these documents will be made available at the AGM for those wishing to peruse them before the meeting.

I am not surprised that it was the previous Treasurer (John Taylor) who spotted this error but I need to point out that without Dilwyn seeing John's observation and bringing it to my direct attention that I became aware of the error. The QUANTA Magazine is generally proof-read by a number of people before printing (including All the Dilwyns) but on this occasion the shortage of time and other commitments of the others prevented this from happening.

Having corrected the eMag versions, they will be despatched later this afternoon

Thanks for your understanding and again our sincere apology for the error,

Sarah and John Gilpin

QUANTA Hon. Chairman and Treasurer.