From: ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com
[mailto:ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com] On Behalf Of Arnould
Sent: 13 April 2011 11:05
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Announcement about the future of Ser-USB

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:18:53 +0100, Adrian Ives wrote
> Urs,
>
> File transfers to and from FAT format devices will still be possible
> using the File Manager, but a native QDOS driver will not now be
> supported.
>
> There is one massive limitation with the standard QL hardware that
> cannot be overcome anyway, and that's the fact that it can only
> support 4800 baud with one stop bit.  This means that even when the
> driver is working it is so slow that transferring anything larger than
> a few small text files is a painful experience.

Hans Peter Recktenwald was not happy with the QL's serial driver. He
developped SIMSER and his code can be freely reused.

Can be found on this site:

http://morloch.hd.free.fr/smsq/

and a short description in english here (more detailed in german though):

http://globalfilesearch.net/download.aspx?path=romeo-klive.nvg.ntnu.no/pub/s
inclair/ql/utils/simser.zip

Maybe it could be worth to test this with your Ser-USB driver?

Arnould